Thursday, November 10, 2011

Laws of the Universe

One rule that Tom and I have lived by for years is "If You Brag, They Will Sag". I know this, and yet, I don't think twice about sharing good news on the blog. Naomi started sleeping better and so I let all you you know. 

Big. Mistake. Huge.

Not only was Naomi up every two hours last night, she was up bright and early at 5 AM. And like Caren commented on yesterday's post, she was adorable and full of smiles, but I wasn't ready to be up yet.
She has been extraordinarily fussy today, needing to be held nearly the entire day despite being given homeopathic and natural colic remedies.
Which brings me to another law of the universe. The day your baby demands to be held nonstop will be the day you absolutely MUST be at your desk meeting very important deadlines. I'm so thankful for my teenagers who absolutely saved me today.

Also, if you desperately need to put in long hours at the computer to meet those deadlines, the power will go off periodically all throughout the day.

If you have a power outage at night and the electric company calls you to say he has no idea when the power will be restored because, "it's something serious", you should be a bit worried.

But, if you send your kids to collect candles since the generator will soon run out of gasoline, the power will come right back on. Just don't voice this fact out loud during the power failure--the universe is listening.....

Last, but not least, if you hear a ping on your phone at 5 AM letting you know you've received an email, don't open it. If it's good news it can wait a few hours. If it's bad news.....you really don't want to have to deal with it at that time of day, now do you? Just sayin'......

Exactly Two Years Ago: Don't Open This Post--but it's kinda fun if you do....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis