Friday, May 22, 2015

Rising and Falling

;


Today's word prompt is Rise. Immediately the following lyrics came to mind and I began to write:


I will rise on eagle's wings. Before my God fall on my knees, and rise.



Such an interesting juxtaposition of phrases. I'm going to rise, but in order to do that I must fall down.



 We've rehabilitated hawks a few times in Zambia and as they are learning to fly they fall a lot. But, before you know it they have gained wind beneath their wings, learned how to control it, and they are off. There is nothing we can do to help that process other than make sure their nest is high enough that they get a bit of help on their way down.



In the words of Woody: Falling with style



As my kids grow up it can be hard to watch them 'fall' out of the nest. They can get some good swoops in and fly short distances, but other times they hit the ground a little hard. 



As a parent the best thing I can do is model the rise and fall of life in a positive way and hope they take something away from my example. 



My six kids in various stages of flight celebrating Timothy's graduation

And when they swoop through the sky I cheer with all my might. When they hit the ground I kiss their bruised wings. And continue to nudge them back in the air again.



So this turned out differently than I thought it would when I started writing, but it's my heart on the page. Enjoy!


Exactly Four Years Ago: Sundays in My City
Almost Exactly Four Years Ago: I'm Not the Only One Missing Someone (and boy, am I missing him today....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis