Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday Sweetness

My fifteen year old daughter is becoming quite the baker. Nearly every day she rustles up something delicious. From Instant Yummy (homemade chocolate pudding, so not exactly instant but definitely yummy) to individual Lemon Cheesecakes with Apricot topping, she makes amazing desserts!

Marbled Cheesecake Brownies
This is wonderful news for the world--she has thoughts of one day opening her own business---

Superbowl Cupcakes--made 'just because' in April
....but not so good news for my waistline. I'd need to work out about 3 hours a day to balance out all this deliciousness.

That cupcake above is a peanut butter cupcake topped with fluffy frosting and caramel popcorn. Remember, there are no mixes out here. Every last step was done by hand.

Exactly One Year Ago: Fab Friday Foto XVIII

6 comments:

  1. That brownie looks decadent! That's so impressive that she is making such amazing things with so little resources :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brownie looks fabulous. I think homemade is better than mixes anyday. Kudos to your daughter! She can come cook for me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Yum!! I am so use to from scratch baking that I'm not a fan of mixes any more. They now taste funny to me! =P
    She's got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you need to move from Zambia to Kampala where my sis is opening a coffee shop... we'd love those pastry's, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. scrummo! Cafe-a-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I am totally impressed.
    And hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis