Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Little Comic Relief

You'll be happy to know that the riots have calmed down. If all goes well, I'll be able to get shopping done on Monday. I'm not sure what I'll find when I get down there. I'm not sure if the store has been restocked and what will be available.

I'm hoping that our milk delivery service will be up sometime this week. We're running super low on supplies. I've been buying formula and milk powder locally but it is nearly double the cost. Our regular delivery service missed a month and then when they were supposed to come up they had a breakdown in their truck. In a way, it's a good thing because if the truck had been working they would have been passing right through Mansa at the exact time of the riots. God was watching over them.

Yesterday we had a all day power failure. It actually started Thursday evening following a big storm. It took the electric company 26 hours to restore power. Thankfully we have two sources of back up power: a inverter and battery system and a gasoline generator. The battery system kept our lights going until about 3 AM the first night and then the following evening we turned on the generator for the last few hours while waiting for power to come on. Even though we don't have power all day at times, it's so nice to have the option of lights at night.

So, however unplanned (& unwanted) it was, we did Earth Day right. Just sayin'.

And now, here is the comic relief I promised above:

Tom celebrating Earth Day at the Houston Zoo
You can take the man out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the man.

Exactly One Year Ago: Fab Friday Foto (super relevant for today!)

2 comments:

  1. That photo made me giggle so hard! :D You live such a fascinating, different life from my quite priviliged one. I'll definitely be coming back to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner and I really enjoyed reading this blog post, I was just itching to know do you trade featured posts? I am always trying to find someone to make trades with and merely thought I would ask.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis