Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sundays in My City--Looking Back

Last week I posted our latest portrait of our children. I thought it would be fun for us to look back and see the kids over the past couple years.

2009

In the beginning of 2009 we had 11 children. Our age range was 3 years to 6 months.

Christmas 2009
By the end of 2009 we had grown to 14 children. Our age range was now 4 years to 3 months.

early 2010
We still had 14 children (three other children had passed through our care, but had been taken to Heaven), and our youngest was now 6 months old.

October, 2010

 As we drew close to the end of 2010 we had grown to 17 children. Sadly, little Sara (the youngest baby in the above picture) passed on just after this picture was taken. 
The age range at this time was 5 years to 3 months.


April, 2011

Just six months after the picture before this one was taken  we had grown to 21 children. We've doubled our population in just 2 years! Our age range now is 5 years to 3 months.


Many of you commented that it was amazing that we could get all those kids sitting down in one place and nearly all looking in the same direction. This was not an easy task as I'm sure you can imagine. In a day or two, I'll be sharing some of the outtakes from that day's photography sessions. Yes, I said sessions. It was a long day.


Isn't it great how we have those steps? They're so handy for photographs. 

For more peeks into life around the world, go visit Unknown Mami 

9 comments:

  1. My heart aches for all the little ones that passed on. I am sure they are smiling angels now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My church goes to Zambia every year. They visit Compassion sites as well as VIneyard Church sites. They love Zambia. I can see why when I see these beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful picture!

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so beautiful and my heart aches for the one who have passed. I'm amazed by all that you give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How heartbreaking that you have lost some of those precious children, but how wonderful that more children are being helped by you folks. Congrats on getting them all sitting down at least once!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look just beautiful - chubby, healthy, happy kids! Bless you guys for all that you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all: WOW! WOW! WOW! How could you have gotten all those beautiful children in one place...I want to kiss and hug each and everyone of them.

    Second: I must say I am a new follower I have to come back here and check to see how you do it.

    Third: But, not last...I am so sorry for the lose of your children. Hard I am sure but I am also equally sure you have little Saints praying hard for you and all the children.

    WOW! I Love your this place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is amazing! I can't believe how many more children you are taking care of! Keep up the blessed work :)

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis