Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Unknown Mami

Today we celebrated Easter with the kids.
First, everyone took turns painting the eggs. Since our eggs are brown, dye doesn't show up as well as paint, so we choose that medium.


Next the young people hid the eggs in the playground. 



The theme was 'hidden in plain sight'.

We sent the kids into the playground in stages: first the toddlers, then the preschoolers, then the kindergarteners, to give a fair chance to each child.

The plan was that they would find two eggs and use those to redeem their chocolate.



Moriah, Peter and Nathan (otherwise known as my three little kittens) were a bit perplexed by the whole idea. We let them off the hook once they'd found one egg each.

Henry

Janet


The older ones enjoyed it much more.


Of course, everyone knows the best part of any easter egg hunt is the chocolate!

Lizzie enjoying a marshmallow

Getting every last bit out of the wrapper takes concentration.

Happy Easter!

Join others around the world by heading over to visit Unknown Mami.

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of painting the eggs!

    And of course the hiding and finding is the BEST part - - - unless you turn the eggs into deviled eggs later. (I wonder why we don't call them angeled eggs fo Easter???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the eggs look painted. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are soo soo precious! I'm so glad you got to celebrate a Easter with them & that you are living out the love of Jesus in their lives. Have a very blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that was a sight, all the children out looking for the painted eggs. The shot of Henry, all smiles, is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your blog. I'm visiting from SIMC. I loved the pictures of the children hunting the eggs. What a blessing you are to them.

    Off to look around some more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter! Beautiful eggs making even more beautiful smiles!

    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must have been so fun to watch! I don't have kids in my family & I miss these fun activities. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun. Our ministry is in an urban setting. Hiding eggs among the cement buildings and parking lots would not work. Next year... maybe we can visit a park or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable! I absolutely love reading your blog and seeing the everyday adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such an inspiration! So glad you and your beautiful babies had a great Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter (a day late!). Thanks for sharing some of these precious pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like so much fun! I love the idea of painting the brown eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Easter looks like so much fun. Henry looks so proud of himself. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful post!

    Visiting late from #commenthour

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis