Friday, April 8, 2011

Something's Bugging Me

I promise, I'm not really complaining. 

I'm more just stating a fact.

These past couple weeks I've been completely bugged.

I'm being completely literal.


The other day I went into the clinic and found it covered with termites. We cleaned it all up and yet the next morning....


They were all back. We figured out they were coming from below the floor and a little cement fixed up the problem.

Then, a couple days later I saw the laundry lady leaving for her lunch break and asked her what was in her hand. I was not prepared for her answer or what she showed me!


This was going in her cooking pot. I screamed, "Why, oh why?!?" I know they're high in protein and fat. I'd just rather eat peanut butter.

Just before Tom left on his trip, we found a little critter hanging out on out on our front porch. Literally, hanging.


Tom and I spent several minutes taking pictures with our respective cameras; trying to get the best shots. I was quite impressed with myself and how far I've come in my quest for courage.

And yet, yesterday, as I worked on the computer, I felt something tickling my neck. I thought it might be my shirt's tag or perhaps my hair stuck in my necklace. I reached up to fix whatever it might be, when to my horror, I discovered it was a huge stink bug. 

I confess that I shouted a few things I shouldn't have and jumped around my room a bit. I guess I haven't gotten far enough on that courage thing.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I am with you! Blech!

    I should reenact the time a bat flew in the kitchen when I was there with my two young daughters. My reaction was hysterical in hindsight and my girls didn't know what to think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I hated inswa season. Those termites are everywhere & in everything. When the power was out during their emerging, we'd have to leave the candles off the table cause they'd get in our food trying to get to the light. Yuck. Don't miss them at all.

    The bat should help with your bug problem, actually. I had one in my hut. Not my favorite thing, but it stayed mostly up in the roof & ate flying bugs.

    Are those big grasshoppers in the middle? I only ever ate the small bright green ones & they were tasty. Never saw those ones cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! I get the heebie jeebies just looking at your pictures, so you are FAR more courageous than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you kept the bat.... hear that they love mosquitos~~ but honestly, I get creepy feelings even seeing bats!!
    GBY for sticking it out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! You really are bugging out! I feel itchy just thinking of all of those bugs. (Shudder!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am so impressed that you can even tolerate that. The pictures had me jumping in my chair!

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the worst at dealing with insects (they scare the wits out of me), so I doubt I could tolerate the termites or those large bugs in her hand! Ahhh!!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh...my my my! I can't even imagine. Looks like you guys could film Fear Factor your place with all those creepy bugs. Stay bug-free :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, those termites! And those other bugs and stink bugs?! Wow! Ok, I'm itchy now!! =P

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis