Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm Going Slightly Mad.....

Do you recognize those lyrics? They completely apply to me right now.

This week: 

Not only did I bid my hubby adieu but that same day, I let a staff member go, hired another, and finally brought Joshua home.

In the three short days since Monday, I have dealt with two significant dramas, and yesterday afternoon took in 2 more babies!

This is not an April Fool's Joke. I repeat, this is not a joke.

On Sunday we had 18 children and now on Friday we have 21!!

Both the babies that came in yesterday would most certainly have perished without care. In fact, I'm still not sure how they will do. They are both underweight with poor appetites. I will share their stories with you on Sunday and Monday. 



In the meantime, we are all pitching in to care for these new babies and give them love. Please pray for them because they are having trouble adjusting to bottle feedings and sleeping in cribs.

 Exactly One Year Ago: What's In a Name

6 comments:

  1. I'm praying for them but am also very happy they've come into your care. Do you often put weaker babies in the same crib to sleep? Because I've heard it is supposed to help twins thrive when they can sleep together. but i didn't know if it would have the same effect on babies who weren't in the womb together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Prairie Mother
    No, not usually. It's actually because we've run out of beds. We now have four babies sharing two cribs.
    I'm hoping to get a new bunk bed built in the next month or so, so we can move 2 of the older kids into the other bedroom and free up some cribs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You are such a sweet woman to be doing this and the Lord will greatly bless you for your efforts. He knows your struggles-turn to him in prayer and he will be there to lift you up when you need someone most.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that I found your blog through comment hour! It sounds like it's been a crazy last week for you. I hope the weekend will be somewhat restful, and you can engage in some self care behaviors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have babies coming out your ears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm praying for those little angels! I hope God can guide you through.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis