Friday, May 20, 2011

Fragmented Friday

Mommy's Idea
Hosted by Mrs. 4444

I wrote yesterday about my tiny successes with exercise. It's all about the small steps. 

But now I find out that something I'm doing might be causing me to stay fat. The other night I was chatting online with my mom and another friend (two different conversations) while having a voice call via Skype with my kids and watching TV at the same time. I was in my element! I was loving every moment of it until my mom mentioned that she had just read an article on yahoo that said that multitasking could lead to weight gain. I. Can. Not. Be. Lieve. This! Now what will I ever do with my ADD self??

********
This reminds me of little ditty that is circulating the internet....

I finally figured out why I am fat! I should have figured it out sooner. It's the shampoo I use in the shower.
When I wash my hair the shampoo runs down my body. Printed very clearly on the shampoo label it reads, "FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY."
I threw out the shampoo and I am going to start using Dawn dish soap. On its label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."


I'm not sure of the veracity of this claim. I personally shower with shampoo that promises sleek and smooth results--I am most definitely neither of those things.

*********
Speaking of showers.....I know that all good housekeepers maintain that a shower curtain must be left drawn across the shower stall opening to ensure proper drying and discourage mold. I have a major problem with this. If I walk into a bathroom and I cannot immediately see into the shower, I freak out. This is not due to watching horror movies as a child. I've never even seen Psycho although obviously I'm savvy enough about pop culture to know it contains a shower scene.
No, my fear is much more down to earth, or more to the point things that crawl on and in the earth--bugs, spiders, snakes and frogs, for heaven's sake. 

********
Our shower is large and made out of stone. Tom has decorated it by putting artificial leaves all over the walls. It's like showering in a little jungle. One day, Tom and I were showering together (what?? it saves water!), and he all of a sudden told me to stay still and not move or turn around as he peered anxiously behind me. Of course I freaked out and turned around to see little tiny hands peeping out from behind a leaf. I lost it completely and once I stopped screaming I found out it was a little, pale green frog. Yep. Shower curtain stays open at all times. Good thing there's a drain outside the shower as well for all that spilled water.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis