Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wild Animals and Teenagers

No, those items are not mutually exclusive, but for the purpose of this post they are two different things.

Tom loves hats. He would wear a different hat for every occasion if he could. He even loves metaphorical hats in that he hates being tied down to just one role or responsibility. He is constantly on the go pursuing something new.

(It makes him a wonderful missionary--'tis true--and I love him for it.)

Now, when his metaphorical hat requires the use of a hat to be carried out, let's just say Tom is one happy guy.

His latest venture has been to join up with the Zambian Wildlife Association (ZAWA) to help protect the Zambian animals. It also gives him more opportunity to educate the public, which he is passionate about. It also gives him a really, really good reason to keep snakes, dang it!

In his latest blog post Tom wrote about his latest adventure in helping ZAWA host an educational booth at Mansa's annual Agriculture and Livestock Show. You can read all about it here. Be sure to note the new hat......

And now on to the teenager portion of this blog:

My youngest son, Troy has joined the prestigious ranks of bloggers. I didn't even know he was going to start a blog until it popped up on my Facebook news feed. I was pretty impressed (if I do say so myself).

You can read his first post here at African Designed Life. He has already written a second post too. Please pop in and show him a little love. 

Exactly Two Years Ago: I Thought I'd Seen Everything! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis