Monday, March 5, 2012

In Everything Give Thanks

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
(Philippians 4:6)
 
This was part of our sermon yesterday. As I listened to this very familiar and ever comforting, yet convicting passage, I lifted up the things on my heart:

I'm worried about what I've forgotten as I pack:
Thank you Lord that the world has shrunk in such a way that I could get anything I forget fairly easily (should I be willing to pay for it). But, having said that, please strengthen my mind so I do remember all I need to. And give me grace to do without anything I forget.

I'm sad that the kids keep having to say goodbye to people--Timmy for one:
Thank you Lord that you are the real Father to these children. Thank you that technology is such that we can keep in touch with loved ones far away. Please make the next three months pass quickly and please don't let Naomi and Joseph forget me.
I'm dealing with allergies and am a bit worried about my sinuses on the plane--as well as the arrival of a certain Aunt Flo with terrible timing.
Thank you Lord for Benadryl (and a prescription for it) and good products and pain relievers to take care of any eventualities. Please keep my passages clear.

What are you offering up with thanksgiving?



Exactly One Year Ago: A Harrowing Experience

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis