Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Brings Out the Weird

I have decidedly mixed feelings about Halloween. On the one hand, I love seeing the creative ways people put together costumes and the choices they make. Kids are especially adorable.

On the other hand, I'm not very creative and I get nervous having to think up some sort of costume idea. 

On yet another hand--CHOCOLATE! 

Like I said, not crazy about the holiday. (Pay no attention to the wastebasket overflowing with candy wrappers)

In keeping with the tradition we started last year, I will now show you our costumes and give you a chance to vote on your favorite. The winner gets the all important bragging rights. 


I was accused of unfairly persuading the votes by posting my picture last--I got a fair percentage of the votes. Therefore, this year I will post in alphabetical order.
And now, without further ado, this year's contestants:

 Amy--A Barmaid
I had a corset already on hand and so just had to figure out how to use it in a costume.
Jasmine--Luna Lovegood (from Harry Potter)
The cat insisted on being in almost every photo. This time it worked.

Thomas--A Wild Man from Borneo
Originally Tom called this costume Tom in 10 Years. I told him it had better  be an alternate universe because there is no way that is my future!

Timothy--Phantom of the Opera
A point for you if you know where he's posing to take this picture.

Troy--A JabbaWockeeZ Dancer
This is from a dance group featured in one of the Step Up movies and winners of America's Best Dance Crew
So, join in the fun and leave your vote in the comments. We'll love ya for it!
You can also send me an email or write on the Facebook page. All votes will be compiled and the winner announced on Friday.


Exactly One Year Ago: Costume Fun
Exactly Two Years Ago: Beautiful Ham--one of our lovely girls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis