Monday, November 1, 2010

Costume Fun...

...and a job for you

We had a very nice Halloween Day. Taking advantage of every holiday we can is one way we stay connected to our friends and family back home. Helps make things a bit less lonely.

Timmy as Mr. Fantastic

My kids are very creative (they take after their dad that way), and they spend weeks if not months thinking, planning, considering and deciding what costume to make for that one special day. 

Jasmine as Persephone (wife of Hades)

The funny thing is that because it all takes so long to create and since there really aren't any events that we have to go to, the actual time spent in costume is very short.

Mostly it comes down to a photo shoot and perhaps a couple games and of course the CANDY!

Troy as Avatar--The Last Airbender

Jasmine and Summer made cupcakes and let the oldest kids decorate them but I forgot to take pictures. I was a little busy with something I'll tell you about tomorrow. Maybe next year we'll have a full costume party for all the kids where they can dig into a big box of dress up clothes and have a bunch of fun. This year they're all still a bit young.

Summer (our volunteer) as Aphrodite
 The rest of us finally got costumes on around 9 PM last night. We were all really pleased with how well everyone's costumes turned out. We took photos (Tom was good about finding appropriate backdrops) and then Tom took the photos to his computer and dressed them up a bit.

Tom as American Chopper (the dad)

Now for your assignment. Please look over these photos and choose your favorite costume. Leave your choice in comments. If you are reading this in an email, click on the title to go to the blog page or just reply to the email. You can also leave a comment on my Facebook page. I'll compile all the votes and announce the winner on Wednesday.


Last but certainly not least (LOL): 
Yours Truly as Queen Hippolyta (Wonder Woman's Mom)

Thank you for voting! Your vote will make a missionary in Africa very happy!

This is my final post in a quest to win a fabulous camera from SITS--the community where I get helpful blogging tips.

16 comments:

  1. Great photos! I'd have to cast my vote for Troy as Avatar, but all the costumes are good! Have a great day! (I'm visiting from SITS.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for you! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love em' all but I'll have to cast my vote for the Last Airbender! Great expression!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to choose, but I vote for Troy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Troy is clearly in the lead as he has my vote too :-) That is dedication - putting a blue arrow on your head...

    All the costumes are great! Happy Halloween a day late :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica MorrowNovember 01, 2010

    Okay, this took a long time to decide, but I'm going to cast my vote for Tim's Mr. Fantastic. Everybody else did such a good job at being original though. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. T.J. Morrow.November 02, 2010

    I was thinking about voting for dad, but he cheated with photo-shop, so he's out of the running.

    I thought about voting for Tim, but he was missing the crucial sideburns needed to pulloff Mister Fantastic. (And the Jeans don't work)

    Mom, Jasmine, and Summer's costumes were all about goddesses,I could not relate to their costumes so I rejected them. (and mom was making a strange face in her pic. <_< )

    Overall Troy's costume was the best!! Because of all the work he put into it. (his heads bald!)

    Good job Troy my vote goes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for Troy because he looks the most like his character. He is bald, is the same age, and shows the same grumpy face that Avatar always seems to have. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Halloween in Africa! Crazy! :) I had no idea Wonderwoman even had a mum! :) I think being Mr Fantastic is pretty fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, this one is a hard one. I think I'll vote for Jasmine. She is gorgeous! Looks the part to me...
    Everyone here says it's a good thing she'll have two older brothers here to protect her when she comes to the States, (as if she can't protect herself, or wants to! Ha).
    So, Jasmine, I vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Troy. He's bald. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you & your family had a great time! I vote for Summer. She looks so beautiful and so happy, following God's Will for her life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Mom who is raising such creative children...AND has a Happy husband gets my vote! Now the Mom is probably looking less harried because Summer is there helping so she gets a vote from our house two. You all ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am voting for Tom because I thought he was the American Chopper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I have to choose, I would choose Summer as Aphrodite!

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  16. JASMINE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis