Sunday, November 6, 2011

Peace Like a River

I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.
--Author  unknown

We are looking toward the future and realizing that we are going to one day outgrow our current property. To that end we are looking at possible pieces of land. We may open a junior/high boarding school and farm for the kids as they get older.


Yesterday Tom and I stopped off on the way to Mansa, and took a walk through the bush to the Luapula River.


A group of children accompanied us to show us the way.


At one point there was a train of children following us. I quickly turned around to catch a picture of them but this girl was too quick for me.--She ducked down to hide from the camera.




We had to clamber over huge boulders. This is one of the driest months of the year so we'll have to come back in April to see how far the water comes up. 


As we walked along the trail heading to and from the river, this little plant kept reaching out to snag us. Each leaf had tiny thorns lining the edges. Ouch!




We finally reached the river and it was beautiful.




This is the most peaceful section of the Luapula that we've seen so far. It would make a really nice place for boating and fishing.

We have no idea if this is the right place for a future project but it was fun to daydream a bit and we got a great walk in. 

This post was submitted to Unknown Mami's Sundays in My City and Fresh Mommy's Sunday Citar.


Unknown Mami






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis