Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sundays in My City

I heard shouting yesterday and went out to investigate. I found bodies littering the ground and fierce fighting happening. 








Don't worry, it wasn't an attack from African rebels. It was an attack of......

the LARPers!

Don't know what a LARPer is? I'm embarrassed that I do but that is what happens when you not only marry a Geek but have 6 beautiful little geeklings with him.

Anyway, LARP stands for Live Action Role Play. Apparently people get into it big time with costumes and weekend shebangs to do the whole Role Playing thing. 

My kids were bored and decided to create their own version and get the nannies involved too. Below is the photographic evidence.

Team 1 planning a strategy


Team 2 defending the high ground


And the battle begins!


The battle rages on as Team 1 mounts a steady attack


And Benard is down again. 
But what really stands out to me in this picture is the two women in back.


Christine and Foster really got into the game.


Go get her, Christine!

I don't think you can beat my son for competitiveness though.
Take a look at this picture:

Everyone was fine after the game with only a few small cuts and bruises to show for all the fun. 
I will never understand the appeal of a game where the highlight is getting hurt.

Hope your weekend is fun and a little more peaceful. 

”Unknown
Join Unknown Mami for her Sundays in My City feature

10 comments:

  1. LOVE creative play! Glad they had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like quite a production. The kids must have wonderful imaginations for something that elaborate. Great captures on the action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 27, 2010

    That is way more fun than a video game! I like the shot of the girls the best. Go girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have described all the action!! Fun way to spend the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, that's way more fun than a video game and it's outside too!
    Happy SIMC,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 27, 2010

    I want to play LARP! Save a stick for me. My competitive nature may really be a rival for Timmy!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. That kind of play is my most favorite : ) What a great family and blog you have. So delighted to be able to visit today. My son is forever saying he wants to go to Africa for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I had no idea you lived in a "war" zone. I'm glad it was only pretend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, my Sunday was fun and a LOT more peaceful! :)
    cleaning, unpacking, having a drink with a friend, studying French...
    SIMC greetings from Casablanca, Morocco
    &
    have a good week ahead!

    BLOGitsePHOTOS

    ReplyDelete
  10. geeklings...ha ha ha! that is the best line EVAH! They look like they are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis