Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Innovater

Remember the leak I told you about yesterday? Well, it looks like the welder's work is holding strong. So far so good.

Tom had battled with this leak for a couple months. 


We have two 5000 liter plastic tanks sitting on top of a 6 yard/meter metal stand. It is not an easy job maintaining them. 


When the leak developed Tom let the water run out (we pump each night to keep the levels up) so he could get inside. He caulked and glued and did everything he could think of. The leak wasn't big but we all know how much water even a tiny drip can waste over time. 


Deciding he had to do something while waiting for a solution for the leak, Tom got a 5 gallon (20 liter) paint bucket, split it down the side and then twisted it into a funnel shape.


He fixed this to the tank right under the leak and then hooked a pipe up to the bottom of it.


The pipe ran down, down, down and over to a barrel. Every day we filled this 250 L (more than 60 gal.) barrel with just the drips caught from the leak.

What a guy!

I'm so glad to be married to a man who doesn't take his problems lying down but gets busy and FINDS a solution. They say you marry the type of man your father has modeled. So, you did good, Dad!

Happy Father's Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an amazing husband! I am excited to read about your adventures in Africa. Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing work you do! Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day. May God continue to bless you and the work you do.

    Have a wonderful week!

    P.S. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring and what a great family! Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day and making me feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping from SITS! You married the right guy. This looks like it was a big job.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis