Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Looking Back, Looking Forward and a little TIA for fun

 Updates:
 Our car has been repaired and returned to us! It had something to do with the gear box and a shaft and teeth. Can't tell you any more than that. I'm just glad it's back!

I am making slooowww progress on my to-do list but at least I'm going in the right direction. 

Coming up next:
I'm actually leaving here again(!) in just 15 days. I'll be taking our 2 volunteers back down to the capital to catch their flight home. One of them might be coming back for a year. She's still praying about it. Would you add your prayers, please. It would make such a difference to have an extra set of hands. 
  The same day I drop the girls off at the airport I pick up my friend, Debbie. The plane she flies in on takes the two girls out. I'm still trying to figure out where to get the Starbucks coffee she's asked for. I have some ideas.....
Debbie and I will then be spending several days together enjoying Lusaka and Livingstone before heading up to the orphanage. I'm so excited for some gal-time.
About two weeks after we reach the orphanage Tom will go collect another couple from Lusaka. It looks like we're going to have visitors nearly every day until the middle of September at least. It brings life to our little project. So nice for all of us!

What summer fun are you looking forward to?

**********
For some fun reading now, please click on the links below from Ali's African Adventures. I've linked to her before. She had some adventures this past week that are a great read.


In this post she tries to make hotel reservations and encounters African logic.

In this post she writes about mini-buses with which I am very familiar and motor bikes which, thankfully, I am not as familiar. Watch for the Zambian reference.


2 comments:

  1. Prayers for your friend's decision. The extra hands would help, huh? I hope one day I'm able to come help too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it makes perfect sense.

    What's wrong with you?

    If I were in a different stage in my life, know I would be there in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis