Monday, June 28, 2010

Not the Favored One

Little Baby Peter has been cuddled and loved on by all of us since he came to live with us last September. He was so very sick that he needed that extra attention. We've had other little babies come and go but he has been spending every evening getting playtime with us after dinner. Even when we've had other babies stay with us he was pretty young, and they were sick so he didn't pay them much attention.


That has all changed now since I came back and began including baby Lizzie into our evening family time. I try to have special time with all the babies each day since I've read that babies need to bond to someone in their first year to get a good emotional start in life. By having extra cuddles and playtime in the evening I feel that they are getting that.


But Peter's been feeling a little threatened now that Lizzie is sharing his space. There are plenty of arms ready to hold him and since Lizzie falls asleep earlier than he, he gets a lot of attention.


 But he is still not happy with this little intruder.

Here he had just ripped Lizzie's pacifier out of her mouth and is trying to charm me with his sweet, baby face. "But I'm so cute. Don't be angry."


Sorry, Baby Peter, Lizzie is part of our family too.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see this kind of posts...
    You do very important work,
    thanks for sharing!

    BLOGitse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... somebunny's feeling jealous. They are so sweet though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaw! Surely you have enough snuggles to go around, right??
    Greetings from Lamb! Thank you for stopping by to show me some bloggy love. It was quite a shock to wake up and discover that I’d been featured on SITS, especially with my face covered in sticky cinnamon! Now I have lots of fun new blogs to explore. If you do try out my face mask, be sure to take a photo and email it to me. I’ll feature you in a post with a link to your blog :)

    LambAround’s latest post: My Awkward Family Photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a bunch of cuties!
    stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it easy to give babies cuddles? Charming little guy.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis