Thursday, November 5, 2009

We have a Winner!!

After a highly scientific method (my son chose a random number), we have a winner for our New Word Contest.

#6!
Anonymous poster with the definition:--Hoy--the interjection used when one is punched in the stomach.

You didn't leave me your name so please write me at: laiah1773@gmail.com to tell me your name and address so I can send you a prize.

Everyone's submissions were really good and highly entertaining. I enjoyed reading them.

An honorable mention has to go to my brother who gave me the correct definitions to two out of three of the words within seconds of reading them. He declined to enter the contest though. I admit, I had a little chuckle at the thought of him winning a pretty African cloth. :)

So, are you curious? Do you wanna know the definitions? Ok. Here goes!

hoy
(n) 1. A small sloop-rigged coasting ship or transporting passengers or as tender for a larger ship.
(n) 2. A heavy barge used for freight.

(interj). Used to attract attention or drive animals

2. gib
A plain or notched piece of wood or metal designed to hold parts of a machine or structure in place.

3. lase
To function as a laser


So, there you have it. Now you have new ammunition for your next Boggle or Scrabble game.

P.S Next contest won't run so long. Please tell me you weren't all bored to death by this....
I am still learning about this blogging world. I need to know you'll be back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis