Thursday, January 5, 2012

Shiny and Sparkly

Months and months ago (nearly two years ago, apparently) I saw a handy idea for jewelry storage. It was posted by Creative Junkie*. It was so long ago that I had to run a search for the original post. Not having access to a Michaels or Hobby Lobby or any crafty store, I made a few adjustments to the design.
(*Side note: This blogger is a provocative writer--I enjoyed the idea, I take no responsibility for the words attached to it)

A few months went by, and I finally got organized enough to start the project. I wanted to do it as a mother/daughter activity. Jasmine and I found some wood and got our handyman to cut two squares out. Then we covered the wood with a neutral fabric and added a strip of patterned fabric to the bottom half.

And that is where my creativity ended. I didn't get organized to finish the project. I had all the hardware I needed, but the wood was hard and my resolve was not, so the project stagnated.

A couple more months went by, and we 'found' the project during a room clean up. It was moved to Tom's workshop where it was promptly lost again.

A couple more months went by and Tom rediscovered the project and all its pieces. Joy! It was moved to his worktable.

Then, a few days ago, I was working at my computer when Tom walked in with the finished product. I was overjoyed! It's always a good day when something you set out to do is completed by a helpful elf (AKA loving husband). 

I immediately hung it on the wall and placed my jewelry in their proper places.

And here is the final display:



Isn't it beautiful? Tom said it looked much better than he imagined. "Like something wealthy!"

And that is a wonderful thing indeed!

Exactly Two Years Ago: I'll Be Home for Christmas--how technology has changed how we celebrate Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis