Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Joy in the Morning

I've been participating in an online, Beth Moore Bible study with Lindsey at Suburban Turmoil called Living Beyond Yourself. Last week our video session was about Joy. Boy,  did I ever need to hear that. 
After the past few months, I've been struggling to hold my head above water. It's been difficult to feel joy at all. But, I was reminded that my joy rests in Him! His Joy is in me. I'll lose sight of that from time to time when my weeping endures for a night, but Joy Cometh in the Morning.


As we set up this week for Children's Church, the kids were goofing off and being kids. Henry in particular was being particularly silly. He began doing a little dance all on his own. There wasn't even music playing. It was all in his head. 


Later when the songs really did start, the kids jumped in and danced with all their hearts. There was no self consciousness. No fear. No discomfort. 



It was pure joy in action. I began thinking how much better life would be if we could all just dance like no one was watching.


If just the simple pleasure of being alive was enough to make us kick up our heels and dance. 


Lindsey wrote a beautiful post about kids, based on the Bible study session I was talking about. You should check it out.

As for me, I'm going to be working on my dance moves. Figuratively and literally!





Exactly One Year Ago: Holla If You Like Surprises
(Almost) Exactly Two Years Ago: I Nearly Died
Also (Almost) Exactly Two Years Ago: Beauty and the Beastie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis