Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Coat of Many Colors

We've started holding a Sunday School class with our kids every Sunday just before lunch. We don't have a church here in the village that we can attend because of the language, culture and socio-economic barriers. For this reason we as a family watch a telecast of a pastor in California and then have prayer time together afterward.

Now that the kids are older, we want them to get in the habit of doing something special for the Lord on Sunday. 


We gather everyone in the dining room and start off with some songs. 


Then Tom and our teenagers act out a Bible story. This week it was Joseph and the coat of many colors. 


The kids watch attentively, laughing at the antics of the characters and answering questions as we go along in the story.


These two mattresses represent the pit that Joseph was thrown into. 
Tom (playing Joseph) was being very dramatic and calling for someone to come help him.


Peter was worried about Daddy (Joseph) being hurt. I'm not sure who was having more fun last Sunday, the kids who got to see familiar Bible stories dramatized, Tom and crew getting to be extra dramatic, or me getting to watch the kids' reactions.

Next week we'll finish up the story. Poor Peter is going to see his daddy thrown in jail. Oh, dear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis