Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where in the World?

Some of you may be asking where in the world I've been. I even missed out on my favorite Sunday blog hop. Things have been extra busy as we are trying to get Tom ready for a trip to the States for our annual fundraising. He'll be gone for two months! I know, feel sorry for me. Don't worry, I'll be sure to mention it again in order to receive your full sympathy.

It isn't as if I haven't had anything to write about. Not at all!

First off, there was this cute event:

Theresa--4 years old
A wonderful charity donated dance clothes for our little girls. I plan on writing about this very soon in greater detail and showing more pictures.


Two of our children celebrated birthdays.
Ernest turned 5 and Jennifer turned 3. 


We all worked together on cupcakes and a Thomas the Tank Engine cake made with fondant icing. I'd show you more about that, but sadly, the pictures didn't turn out.

I do have this picture from the party, though. You're welcome!

One of the big reasons we've been busy is that Tom has been filming and editing a promo video for the orphanage. It is a huge project. You can see the video from 2009 here at Vimeo. We will be uploading the videos for 2010 and 2011 next month and I'll be sure to share the links with you then. Until then, I highly recommend you watch the videos from 2007 & 2008 as well.

Today Tom posted a couple interesting pictures from his blog. Click here to check them out.

If you are visiting here for the first time, welcome. I hail from the U.S, but live in Kazembe, a village in northern Zambia, Africa.

29 comments:

  1. hehe i love that cake :P my son does to he's here going OMG IT'S THOMAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, New follower and fellow traveller from Norway, also previously residing in the states. Minnesota to be exact. Lovely pictures of beautiful children :) Hope you come visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are priceless. I'm glad you've been "good" busy, but sorry you'll be missing your partner for two months!

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, those pictures make me smile :) Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your blog. I'm following you now. So glad I found you through #CommentHour

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! So glad the Comment Hour brought me to this blog. Enjoy your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pictures! Cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cakes are super cute but those kids are cuter! Praise God & bless you for the work that you do! I will be following to learn more about your ministry!

    stopping by from SITS comment hour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those pictures are so adorable. I think the Thomas the train cake looks adorable and I have a couple nephews who would love that. I'm just about to get married and would hate to have him leave for two months! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It looks like you live an amazing life! Stopping by from the @SITS #Commenthour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! that cake is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from #commenthour again. I remember loving your blog before but that little ballerina just made my night!!

    Man Wife and Dog Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is admirable. Thanks for sharing. The little girl was so cute and I loved her outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow wonderful work and what a wonderful way to give back. I love the pictures and that yellow dress is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice blog. Hello from #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  16. If those kids aren't the cutest kids in the world I don't know who is!! What a great cake! Visiting from the #commenthour

    ~Mimi @ Woven by Words

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pics. I need to come back when I can spend more time. I'm Just One Donna from #CommentHour. www.justonedonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The kids are so cute. I love the little tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  19. stopping by from SITs Comment hour - cool photos. Looks like a blessed life. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWWWW, great cutie pictures you got going on there!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow fun dressing up and making fancy cakes. Dropped by from sits

    @eileenludwig

    ReplyDelete
  22. A picture says a thousand words! Great post and pics! I really enjoy reading about the work you are doing with the orphanage. Keep the posts coming! Stopping by from SITS Comment Hour!

    ReplyDelete
  23. GREAT pics!

    Stopping by from SITS Comment Hour!
    Toqua of Toqua's Crafts
    http://toquascrafts.blogspot.com/search/label/pine%20needle%20baskets

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a new follower from the SITS Comment Hour. I'm a military wife living in Bahrain. I am looking forward to reading more posts on your blog!

    http://www.airforce-wife-life.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love to hear your updates! Good luck in your fundraising. What fun dressups and cute cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This post fills my heart. You are an angel in the world. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning. I'm stopping by from SITS comment hour just a little late, but I am really glad I did.

    I adopted my oldest daughter from Russia and my youngest from Guatemala. I always wonder what it was really like for my oldest as she spent the first 9 months of her life in an orphanage. I am in awe that your life's mission is to take care of children who would have no one else. Bless you and your family for giving them lots of love and a great home.

    I love, love, love your little ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My baby Jennifer just turned 3?! Wow, she's getting to be so big! I miss her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. Theresa is soooo adorable in her outfit.....
    The kids look like they're having so much fun in the candlelight... what an experience for them!

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis