Try It Mom tagged me in a meme on her blog the other day. She gave me a Stylish Award. I'm not quite sure what gave her the impression that I deserved that exact award but I'm grateful for it. :)
Of course, these little awards often come with assignments. This one was no exception. I have to list 7 things about myself. This is hard when I have a blog where oversharing seems to be the norm.
So, I enlisted my kids. I asked them to say seven things that my readers might not know about me. Here we go:
1. I'm short. So, this is not big news to many of you, but I am short. Shortest one in my family of six siblings. Shorter now than all my kids including my 13 year old son. Shorter than nearly everyone I know. I'm short. Take a look at this recent family picture that we took upon arriving at the Houston airport in January.
|I'm even wearing 2 inch heels. Short!!|
2. I have crooked pinkies (is that what you all call the smallest finger?). So does my mom and all my siblings. Tom was so worried that our children would be born with this unusual feature. Every time we had a baby he would count their fingers and toes and check the pinkies. They were all fine.
3. My kids say I'm a gypsy. I don't know what they think gypsies are but I think they mean I'm free spirited. I tend not to worry too much about what people think of me.
4. Rather than hug my kids, I'm more likely to smack their behinds or tug on their hair or slug their shoulder. We're not big huggers although sometimes it's the right thing to do.
5. I'm not very athletic. By this my kids want you to know that I am highly uncoordinated. I cannot jump, swim well, or do any other type of sport.
6. My accent changes depending on who I'm talking with. My kids can almost always guess who I'm speaking on the phone with because my voice will change. I take this to be a good thing because subconsciously I'm trying to connect with the person.
7. My kids would also like you to know that I'm hot-headed. Not that you needed to know that, right? But they're going to cry foul if I don't tell you everything.
And now the second half of the assignment. I have to pass this award on to 15 bloggers that I've discovered recently. Check them out.
11. JDaniel4's Mom
13. Making Lemonade
To anyone I didn't tag, I'm sorry. I hate leaving anyone out. I think you're all stylish!
To all that I did tag, you are under no obligation to pass this on. I know how busy you all are. If you do, please link back to this post. Thanks!
Exactly One Year Ago: America Land