Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Stylish or Silly--You Decide

Try It Mom tagged me in a meme on her blog the other day. She gave me a Stylish Award. I'm not quite sure what gave her the impression that I deserved that exact award but I'm grateful for it. :)

Of course, these little awards often come with assignments. This one was no exception. I have to list 7 things about myself. This is hard when I have a blog where oversharing seems to be the norm. 
So, I enlisted my kids. I asked them to say seven things that my readers might not know about me. Here we go:

1. I'm short. So, this is not big news to many of you, but I am short. Shortest one in my family of six siblings. Shorter now than all my kids including my 13 year old son. Shorter than nearly everyone I know. I'm short. Take a look at this recent family picture that we took upon arriving at the Houston airport in January.

I'm even wearing 2 inch heels. Short!!
 2. I have crooked pinkies (is that what you all call the smallest finger?). So does my mom and all my siblings. Tom was so worried that our children would be born with this unusual feature. Every time we had a baby he would count their fingers and toes and check the pinkies. They were all fine.

3. My kids say I'm a gypsy. I don't know what they think gypsies are but I think they mean I'm free spirited. I tend not to worry too much about what people think of me.

4. Rather than hug my kids, I'm more likely to smack their behinds or tug on their hair or slug their shoulder. We're not big huggers although sometimes it's the right thing to do.

5. I'm not very athletic. By this my kids want you to know that I am highly uncoordinated. I cannot jump, swim well, or do any other type of sport.

6. My accent changes depending on who I'm talking with. My kids can almost always guess who I'm speaking on the phone with because my voice will change. I take this to be a good thing because subconsciously I'm trying to connect with the person.

7. My kids would also like you to know that I'm hot-headed. Not that you needed to know that, right? But they're going to cry foul if I don't tell you everything.

And now the second half of the assignment. I have to pass this award on to 15 bloggers that I've discovered recently. Check them out.


To anyone I didn't tag, I'm sorry. I hate leaving anyone out. I think you're all stylish!
To all that I did tag, you are under no obligation to pass this on. I know how busy you all are. If you do, please link back to this post. Thanks!



Exactly One Year Ago: America Land

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! That was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list! I do the same accent thing, and I attribute it to the same reason. The natives (as in, residents... not like native tribal people or anything) in the town just south of us are known for their backwoods drawl and when I waited tables there, I would slip into that... improper grammar and twang and all. Completely subconscious. You and I are just considerate like that, I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing & linking back :)
    And I loved learning even more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! The non hugging thing cracks me up. We are a lot like that too, my siblings and i anyway. Nice family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this award. At five foot three I am going to be shorter than JDaniel in just a few years.

    Here's a loving hair tug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amy! Thank you so much for passing along the stylish award. I'm terrible about following through with blog awards, but I appreciate them! I love it that your kids think you're a gypsy. If I had kids, I'd be so flattered if they had that view of me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun thing, Amy! Sorry I haven't been to my messages in a few days and found that mentioned my blog with an award! Thank you! I'm not sure you realize how much you are an inspiration to me!! I will link back to your blog in my next post! (which I won't be able to sit down and write for a few days!)

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis