Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Travel Fun

These are the faces that I said goodbye to last Thursday. All the kids and our staff gathered next to the driveway to wave and see us off.


I'm not sure how much the kids understood about our trip since we go on a big drive every week for groceries. 


It was funny how one of the nannies asked me to have a chat with the kids and let them know that they still had to obey even though mommy and daddy would be gone. She was worried the kids would misbehave if they thought mom and dad wouldn't be there to enforce the law. The missionaries who are looking after things in our stead promised to uphold the discipline standard. 

Everything went really well on our bus trip aside from having left behind Tom's jackets. We tried looking for a new coat for Tom at the thrift stores in Lusaka (it's summer so no shops would carry them) but there weren't even any used coats available.
As we left the thrift store, I remembered that a visitor, Angela, who had been at the orphanage was going to be heading back down to Lusaka that very day. We quickly called our friends and they had a staff member run down to the bus station. Angela arrived in Lusaka one hour before we had to leave for the airport. Wasn't that an amazing piece of timing?


The airport stretch of the trip went well despite the incredibly long line after checking in to get through immigration and security. We laughed with other passengers that this huge delay was for only 3 flights. Imagine what it would be like if they were a large international airport.


We managed to get 5 seats in the same row so we could all see each other and communicate along the way. The kids were thrilled to watch movies and TV shows. I don't think they slept at all for the whole 10 hour flight.

Tomorrow I'll tell you all about our London day. God did another mini-miracle of timing that day too.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see all your smiles!! I've been praying you have a blessed trip, sounds like God is answering. Am looking forward to the rest of your trip posts.

    BTW, all those little kids lined up to say goodbye are just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to your adventure. I loved all of the smiles.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every kid loves flights, especially the ones with entertainment..:D Glad to know, all is well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you all are on your way for a nice vacation. Hope you have fun and are refreshed. Seeing all of those little ones lined up to see you off was so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis