Monday, February 11, 2013

Authors are Frequently Influenced

Above is a story written by a few of the kids during school time with 'Uncle' Brent. He had them all contribute ideas and this is what came from that collaborative effort.

Because it's hard to see I'm typing it below. Can you guess what has been happening in their lives to influence their story writing?

A long time ago lived a man named Mr. Tumness. He had a monkey that carried presents and bananas. The monkey also eats bugs. One night the monkey named George was chasing fireflies. George feel down right when he had touched the firefly. He fell into a river. George burnt his finger from the fires on the firefly Then a hippo began to chase him. George ran back to Mr. Tumness where he was safe. 

Translation: We're currently reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in preparation for watching the movie.--Mr. Tumness is their favorite character. They also recently watched the new Curious George movie and the firefly scene made them laugh and laugh. Tom recently hunted a hippo. 



(Almost) Exactly One Year Ago: Kute Kids
Exactly One Year Ago: 30 Lessons for Living--book review

Exactly Three Years Ago: I Can't Believe We Did That        

 

1 comment:

  1. Heather EslingerFebruary 11, 2013

    Oh, how interesting that they put them all together! I'd like to see a movie that your kids would come up with :)

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis