Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Road Trips Down Memory Lane


I went to Louisiana this past weekend. Timmy came with me since I was driving and it is fun to do a Road Trip. Just as when I went to Kansas, I ushered in some cold weather. Maybe the Lord knows I enjoy chilly weather and getting to wear sweaters and coats.

Traveling around the country, meeting new people, reconnecting with old friends, is one of the best joys of this 'job'.

Reconnecting with old friends was very special on this trip to Louisiana. The pastor of Hebron Baptist Church in Denham Springs, was our pastor when we lived for a short time in Port Allen, Louisiana. He baptized our four oldest children over 12 years ago! We haven't seen him since.

Timmy, six years old, with Pastor Joe in August, 1999
 I really should have gotten a picture with Timmy and Pastor Joe today. Timothy, at six feet, kinda towers over the pastor now. 


You have a chance to be a part of our family history now:



Timmy and I will both be in Dallas this week and are looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible this Thursday evening in Allen, TX (north of Dallas). 

https://www.facebook.com/events/389589794404837/


There will be snacks and drinks (I nearly typed snakes there....there will be no live snakes! I promise!) so please come and have fun!


Exactly Two Years Ago: Fab Friday Foto XIX  This is as true today as it was then--except for the monkey part.
Exactly One Year Ago: Happy Easter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis