Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Rapunzel

Photo taken at the beginning of 2000

I married and had children early (with no regrets, I should add) but every once in a while there is the young woman inside of me who retired early instead of dying a natural death and being laid peacefully to rest.

Mostly she's content up in her little tower but every once in a while she demands to be heard and wants to let her hair down. 
 
Then I find myself enjoying lyrics by Muse or Kanye West and feeling a bit rebellious and wondering what it would be like to run away from home and live in New York City or Seattle. 

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Total rebellious teenage angst. And I like it!

Then I realize that it's just past 9 PM and I'm ready to go to sleep. Forget Rapunzel and her little tower. I'm headed for bed. I'm officially old!

This is a new feature I'm adding to the blog.  I'm calling it Randomness from Amy's Brain. My mind can be a scary place, but feel free to look around.

6 comments:

  1. I love knowing this about you! I just saw that Kanye got his bottom teeth covered with diamonds. I think it will make it hard for him to eat!

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same thoughts...running away, being rebellious. Mostly I fantasize buying a motorcycle, no room for carseats! Then I find myself needing a nap at 2 in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you saying there is something wrong with going to bed at 9 p.m.? If that is true, I have been officially old since I was a teenager.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt this way too. And then I started a blog. Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this new feature already! It's going to give us a chance to learn a lot more about you. :) Like your comment on my blog today...I had no idea that 3 of your kids were born in Jalisco! Have you written any posts about your time in Mexico? That's another idea for a feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha... I am with you. I go to bed by ten every night. And could nap if they would let me...

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis