Monday, August 2, 2010

Manic Monday

I've nearly recovered from this weekend so I am back in the saddle. If you're wondering what exactly happened over the weekend that would need recovering from take a look at what I did.
The links are from last year but everything was nearly exactly the same.

*******

The morning after all the festivities this year I made Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls. On her blog she lists some of the things that might happen to you when you serve them to your friends. It is very funny and I can add to the list as well--people who eat this may pass into a sugar high that causes them to sit at the table with a silly grin on their face. It was a joy to see.

*******
Today my family took two of our guests to see one of my most favorite places in the world--Ntumbachushi Falls. I stayed behind because, as I stated above, I was still recovering and needed to get stuff done. I enjoyed my quiet morning thoroughly.

********
One of the things I needed to get done was packing. Tomorrow (in the middle of the night--so technically today) we are driving down to Lusaka to drop our guests at the airport. They have been wonderful volunteers and we will miss them. As I've shared with you before, packing is not my strong suit so as I sit here typing this to you I am in the process of NOT packing. It will get done, just not right now.

********

The other reason we traveling down to Lusaka is to take Chola to the doctor for an ultrasound. We're still trying to locate his missing testicle and schedule an operation to correct the issue or remove the testicle completely. Time is running out as he turns 5 years in October.

********
Today I visited one of my favorite blogs: Musing Reviews and Nancy was asking what we had read the past week and what was on our radar for new reads. Here is mine:
Reading right now:
Entranced by Nora Roberts,
Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eire.

About to read:
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers 
(this will be read on my computer)

Also on the nightstand:
Flight to Heaven by Capt. Dale Black
Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

So, that is my Manic Monday. How is your week shaping up?

P.S Power went out as I was about to publish this. Ah, Africa!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are recovering. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is one of my favourite books!

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis