Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Photo of the Week: Michael

A rare, and therefore precious, smile from Michael

Michael joined our Kazembe Orphanage family in September, 2012 after losing both his parents. He was only five months old.  Michael is a sweet kid, but he struggles with life sometimes. He often runs fevers and we've yet to discover what causes them. Outwardly he is healthy and well developed. I'm hoping that as he moves past his toddler years (he turns 3 in April) he'll settle in a bit and become more confident.

When I saw this photo, which was taken by Sarah (one of our volunteers), my heart rejoiced. 

One of our challenges in running this home is helping the kids' hearts heal after their losses. Even those that are so tiny when they arrive carry with them the scars of abandonment. Only God's love and our care can fully patch up those hurt places.

Michael is one of our many unsponsored children. In order for us to provide good care including nannies, food, and all that goes into living, we need $350 per child. You can become a part of the team that sponsors Michael and helps him grow up into an amazing young man for as little as $50 a month. Or you could meet his entire need. The sky is the limit!

1 comment:

  1. Heather Wise EslingerFebruary 16, 2015

    What a darling smile!

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis