Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kids Will Be Kids

Today we had unexpected guests drop by. We took them for a tour and then they got a chance to meet the kids. As usually happens when a small change to the schedule occurs, the kids take advantage of this to run around and get some special attention from our guests. 

Peter came to find me. He has been especially cute lately. The other day I gave him a hug and rubbed his back, but he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I wanna KISS you". How could I resist that?

Today he followed me around as I helped our visitors find lunch and soft drinks in the kitchen. He peppered me with questions: What is this? What is this? Whatcha doing?, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I was loving every minute of it. As I served ice into glasses, I gave him a sliver for his tongue and he learned the difference between hot and cold--especially when I dropped an ice chip down his neck.

Peter was standing right next to me as I chatted with our guests for a moment, when I glanced down and saw this:


I couldn't figure out what had happened. He hadn't gone anywhere. How had he managed to get into trouble so quickly?

Then I saw his hand.


Turns out our new kitchen lady had placed the sugar bowl on the coffee mugs shelf (makes sense, right?), which happened to be exactly at his eye (and hand) level and it was just too much temptation to resist. 

He wasn't quite sure what happened. He saw sugar. He ate a handful. It was delicious. Mommy wasn't happy. 

Truthfully? I had a hard time not laughing. He had to learn it isn't OK to eat sugar by the handful, but he sure was cute!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis